Many envision the 1 percent of income earners in America as someone who either inherited the money or is on the top floor at an investment bank on Wall Street, but there are several ways to become a 1 percenter.
Some ways are quick, and some take decades. Some are based on luck, and some take hard-work and dedication. Add to the list in the comments!
- Start a business
- Sell your business (think Instagram or OMGPop)
- Work several jobs
- Go to medical school and specialize
- Climb the corporate ladder
- Win the lottery
- Work at Wall Street
- Invest in real estate
- Go to Hollywood and become a famous actor/actress
- Be a famous musician
- Play on a professional sports team
- Work for the government
- Join the c-suite (CEO, CFO, CIO, COO)
- Inherit a fortune
- Invest in the next Apple Inc.
- Find a treasure at a garage sale
- Marry a rich spouse
- Divorce a rich spouse
- Sue someone rich or a corporation
- Catch a valuable baseball then sell it
- Register a domain name in high demand and sell it
- Live on an oil field
- Discover lots of gold
Feel free to add to the list!